Battle of the Bands Competition Rules
BATTLE DATE: August 14th, 2013 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM Great American Music Hall
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, July 25th, 2013
BATTLE THEME: To be announced
The winning band will receive:
• The coveted Battle of the Bands Trophy
• Photographs from sfBig’s photographer
• Bragging rights for one year
PLEASE PRINT LEGIBLY
Name of Group: Agency:
Name Agency Affiliation
1. More than 50% of band members must be agency employees from a Bay Area Interactive agency. Only agencies (including traditional, creative, interactive and/or media) are eligible to enter a band. Please submit business cards of all agency employees (via fax, scanned or emailed, SFBigBattle@sfbig.org) along with the application form. All band members must be over 21 years of age.
2. Band must be available to perform at Battle of the Bands on August 14th 2013 at Great American Music Hall(“The Battle”).
3. Only one entry per agency is allowed.
4. You hereby give the following representations, warranties, acknowledgments, consents and releases:
a. By signing below, I acknowledge and agree that (i) all of the information provided in this application is true and accurate; (ii) and any false or misleading information submitted herein is grounds for immediate elimination from consideration as a participant in the Battle; (iii) even if my band meets the eligibility requirements of the Battle, SF Big has no obligation to select my band as a participant of the Battle; (iv) even if my band is selected as a participant of the Battle, SF Big has no obligation to produce the Battle; (v) all decisions by SF Big regarding the Battle are final and not subject to challenge or appeal; and (vi) SF Big has no obligation to return any materials submitted as part of this application, regardless of whether or not my band is chosen as a participant in the Battle and can use any such materials in any manner and in any media throughout the universe in perpetuity.
b. By submitting this application, I hereby consent to the right to use my name, voice, spoken word, musical performance, photograph picture, rendering, silhouette or other reproduction by photography, film, tape or otherwise (hereby referred to as my “Likeness”) in connection with the Battle, in any manner, in any and all media, now known, or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity. SF Big shall own exclusively all rights of every nature whatsoever in connection with use of my Likeness in and to any written, spoken, videotaped or other materials I have provided or may provide in connection with my application, the Battle, or otherwise (collectively the “Materials”), including without limitation all copyrights therein and renewals and extensions thereof, and the exclusive right to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, and otherwise exploit my Likeness in the Materials, in
whole or in part, in perpetuity throughout the world in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation in, and in connection with, the marketing, publicity and promotion of SF Big and the Battle. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SF Big may exploit such rights by broadcasting the Materials or any part thereof, and may use any and all rights granted to SF Big herein for any and all commercial, merchandising, promotional and advertising purposes. In this respect, I agree that you may edit, alter, reproduce or otherwise change the Materials or any part thereof. I grant the rights hereunder whether or not
I am selected to participate in the Battle.
c. Any expenses my band incurs during the application process, including postage, shipping and/or materials preparation are my sole responsibility. SF Big will not reimburse me for these expenses.
d. I hereby release SF Big, and its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action of any kind, nature or description, which I or any of my successors or assigns may now, or at any time, have or claim to have any reason of, arising out of, relating to or in any way connected with the Battle or the filming, taping, recording, broadcasting, distribution, exhibition, advertising, dissemination or other exploitation of my Likeness.
e. I further understand there will be no monetary compensation paid to me, either directly or indirectly, of said filming and any promotional materials which may be derived from the same.
f. This release shall inure to the benefit of, and shall be binding upon, or respective successors, licensees, assigns, heirs and personal representatives. SF Big shall not be obligated to utilize any of the rights granted hereunder or utilize my name within the Materials, it being understood that SF Big will have complete artistic and creative freedom and discretion. All determinations made by SF Big in this regard shall be final. This release constitutes our entire understanding with respect to the subject matter hereof, and cannot be amended except by a written instrument signed by the parties hereto.
By signing this application, I represent and warrant that my band meets and will meet all of the Eligibility Requirements, that all of the information in this application form is true and accurate, that I am signing on behalf of my band and that I agree to all of the terms and conditions set forth above.
Signature: Date: Name:
3. Applications will only be considered if they are complete and submitted
by the application deadline of July 25, 2013. Complete applications consist of the following:
a. Completed band application (page 1)
c. Signed eligibility requirements (page 3)
1. Due to time allowances at the venue, we have a limited number of slots for bands available for up to– Five (5) slots total.
a. Completed applications will be reviewed the Battle of the Bands Committee and the judges will select up to 5 bands to perform
2. Final Battle lineup will be announced on or about August 3, 2013.
3. Selected bands will be required to submit their set list by August 4th,
2013. This event is produced light-heartedly for fun and entertainment and we ask for flexibility in song selection if it is determined multiple bands are playing the same
3. Bands will be given approximately 20 minutes of playing time. In addition, each band will also have 5 minutes of set-up time. Battle of the Bands will provide backline (5- piece drum kit, amps, and microphones), monitor, sound, and lights. Mandatory sound check will be scheduled with each band prior to doors opening. Performance order will be selected at random, prior to the Battle.
3. This is a real Battle. All music is performed live in front of more than 500 industry friends and colleagues. Backing tracks will not be accommodated.
4. Bands will be judged by the audience. Audience voting will then determine the winning band out of the Top 3. The winner will be announced at the event after all bands have played. The audience will judge the bands based on creativity, performance and overall enjoyment of music.
5. SF Big plans to film the event and will ask that all members consent to the release of their image and music.