GigaOM: Structure Data
PUT DATA TO WORK
Big Data is past the hype – it’s time to get to work. At Structure:Data you’ll learn how to make the most of the data revolution. Hear how companies are planning for the future, building DaaP, improving management and infrastructure, and using human intelligence to improve and scale machine learning.
Come find out what's next. At Structure:Data we'll explore...
- Saying Goodbye: When Hadoop Does Not Fit: For many classes of customers Hadoop just did not work. Did they have problems scaling? What factors moved them away?
- The Big Data Era Needs Custom Compute: Experts agree that we need a new class of compute as well as new hardware to run it. Get up to speed on what experts are forecasting and what’s needed to integrate.
- Scaling Machine Learning In The Cloud: For many classes of customers Hadoop just did not work. Did they have problems scaling? What factors moved them away?
- The Looming Data Scientist Crisis: Finding talented IT professionals is hard. Recruiting and retaining data scientists is intensely harder. We discuss how to identify, recruit, retain and grow the next generation of data talent.
- Addressing The Tension Between Personalization and Privacy: Every day you give your data willingly. There is no oversight, no ethics and little regard for guidelines. What gives? Money or ethics?
- The Post Hadoop Era - Opportunity Next?: Hadoop is big time. But is it the next platform your apps will be running on?
- Why APIs Are Winning Where Big Data Markets Failed: Big data markets had huge promise. But the API market is stealing big data’s thunder. All good in theory but are the restrictions placed by vendors untenable?
- Mobile Visualization: Ingesting Insights On the Go: Data is getting bigger. It's also happening in real time. How can insight be conveyed on the fly and in smaller formats as data grows?
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading independent voice on emerging technologies and the disruption of media. The GigaOM news network’s online audience of 5.5 million monthly unique readers relies on its definitive coverage of cloud, mobile, cleantech, consumer web and media. GigaOM Research offers the highest quality research and analysis of emerging technology markets and the companies making a difference in those sectors. GigaOM Events bring together the people innovating, shaping and defining the ongoing evolution of the technology industry.
Chelsea Piers is committed to operating the best amateur sports and entertainment complexes in the country, with state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge programming, first-rate instruction and a courteous, professional staff.
We are committed to making all guests feel welcome at Chelsea Piers and to providing an environment that is always CLEAN, SAFE, FRIENDLY and FUN.
Chelsea Piers aims to improve the quality of life of its clients an guests by providing a place for all — adults and children — to relax, play, learn and compete.