Digitas, AKQA, Optimedia among Impressive List of 2013 sfBIG BIG Star Awards Winners; Interactive Industry Visionary Brian Monahan Inducted into sfBIG Hall of Fame
Tonight sfBIG celebrated the biggest and brightest names in the digital community at the annual sfBIG BIG Star Awards. Interactive industry visionary, Brian Monahan, was inducted into the sfBIG Hall of Fame. Mr. Monahan is well known to his peers as an innovator and valued contributor to agencies from Universal McCann to his current role as Managing Partner at MAGNA GLOBAL Intelligence Practice.
A complete list of the winners is below.
Here’s a list of the 2013 sfBIG Star Awards winners and recipients:
- Best Mobile Campaign Digitas/Taco Bell: Steal a Base, Steal a Taco
- Most Innovative Team Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners
- Next BIG Digital Start Up Appsnack
- Next BIG Media Planner Christopher Jones, AKQA
- Next BIG Salesperson Katherine Larner, Pandora
- Most Innovative Search Campaign AKQA/Clorox: Liquid Plumr-Double Impact
- Best Social Media Campaign AKQA/Old Navy: The Rockstar/Fit for Fall
- Most Innovative Campaign Pereira & O’Dell/Intel +Toshiba: The Beauty Inside
- Best Media Plan Optimedia/Nintendo WiiU: WiiU Launch
- Lynn Ingham Community Service Optimedia: Project Homeless Connect
- Hall of Fame Brian Monahan
“It gives me a great amount of pleasure to honor a person (Brian Monahan) who has done so much for our industry,” stated David Smith, Founder and CEO of Mediasmith, last year’s Hall of Fame inductee. “The sfBIG Hall of Fame is not just about the fame or industry achievement. But this person exhibits both in a big time way. It's also about giving back to the industry and helping it grow. And this person has done so from the very beginning and is still doing so today.”
John Durham, sfBIG President adds, “Congratulations to Brian and all of our award winners. As the industry continues to mature, talent doesn’t cease to surprise us with new ideas and ways to drive innovation. We are very fortunate to have many of those stars in our very own backyard.”
Founded in 2004, the San Francisco Bay Area Innovation Group is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to championing innovation in digital media through education, networking and events. Visit sfBIG on the web at http://www.sfbig.org or on Facebook and Twitter.